CARING Ministries exists to share Jesus’s love in personal and practical ways with individuals in our church and community. Our goal is to follow Christ’s command to care for one another. Christian care giving is demonstrated through a number of distinct and direct ministries as listed below.
- Communion Ministry (Shut-Ins)
- Once a month, on Communion Sunday, communion is taken to our homebound members as they have requested.
- Funeral Ministry
- In consultation with a bereaved family and the ACUMC clergy, this committee provides a light reception following a funeral or memorial service.
- Seasonal Gifts
- Easter lilies and tulips, Thanksgiving baskets and Christmas poinsettias are delivered to the homebound and those in nursing homes.
- Short Term Relief Care
- Upon request, the following services may be provided for members in need of them: grocery shopping, transportation to an appointment, respite for care-givers (for example: staying with an individual to give family care-givers an opportunity to go shopping, attend support groups, or just have a break).
- Visitation Ministry
- Lay visitors minister to the bereaved, those people who are hospitalized, homebound or in nursing homes. They keep in touch with cards, calls, and visits. They may also utilize seasonal gifts, tapes of sermons, altar flowers and/or communion in their visitations.
For More Information Contact:
Andrews Chapel United Methodist Church
122 Watterson Street, Jonesboro, GA 30236